I think this is the first time it’s taken me until the end of the week to post. With this being taper week there hasn’t been much to say about my runs. I’ve done a lot of recovery miles and some interval work. I’ve stuck to the treadmill lately. Today was 13 Miles Long. I’m getting tinges of pain that seem to move around on my body depending on the mile. Nothing more than tinges right now so I’ll keep them in check with BioFreeze, Aleve and Epsom Salt soaks.
And I know I sound like a broken record, but I really need to give more time to my strength training. I’ve been doing push ups and ab work here and there and not recording it. I need to get into a routine again to help me prepare for Chicago.
Here is how the week ended up:
T: 5 Miles Recovery (Treadmill, 1% Incline, 38:31, 7:43 Pace)
W: 5 Miles Recovery (Treadmill, 1% Incline, 38:30, 7:42 Pace)
R: 4 Miles Recovery (Treadmill, 1% Incline, 30:40, 7:40 Pace)
F: 7 Miles General Aerobic W/ 10 X 100M Strides @ 5KRP (Treadmill, 1% Incline, 52:57, 7:34 Pace)
Sa: 9 Miles General Aerobic W/ 3 X 1600M Strides @ 5KRP (Treadmill, 1% Incline, 1:06:03, 7:21 Pace)
Su: 13 Miles Long (Treadmill, 1% Incline, 1:37:32, 7:31 Pace), Push Ups
Total: 43 Miles
It’s so strange that the next full marathon is this Saturday! The weather forecasted right now is not good, thunderstorms and 40% chance of rain. Will have to wait and see as the day gets closer to get the detail on what it will be like that morning. Still a 60% chance of awesome!
6 thoughts on “IL Marathon Training: Week 9 Complete”
CJ I can’t believe you are racing again, and I’m sitting here worried about a half on the same day. I’m going to be thinking of you and where you sat a year ago. You have given me so much hope that with hard work amazing things can happen. I’m praying that this weekend I can channel that and push through whatever elements I’m given.
Please give Rob my best and I will be thinking of both of you on the race course. 🙂
Thanks Stevi!! You inspire me in the exact same way! I will also be thinking of you during the race. I think you are going to do great!!
Yep, you are sooooo ready to race. Hope you’re putting that foam roller to work! I’ll be thinking of you next weekend!
Thanks Rebecca! I feel like it’s there, I hope it is race day! Oh yeah the foam roller and I are going to be quite close all week. 🙂
Wow! The 3rd came up QUICK! You are going to do great! I’m so excited for you!!! 🙂
Yeah it’s funny that when planning them, February and May felt far apart on the calendar, but the training flew by! Feels like we just ran our last full! I hope my body remembers what it’s in for and holds up! 😀