Each day I’ve been seeing improvement in my knee and mobility, yet each day I get more and more stir crazy and feel a bit out of sorts. There are moments where I feel defeated by the situation. My mind and body feel ready to go for a run, but my scab and range of motion won’t allow for it yet. It’s a frustrating feeling.
I’m trying to work around my injury and tried to walk on the treadmill. It was annoying to walk slowly and after 2 Miles my knee felt full and sore, so I stopped and did strength training. I was walking on an incline so next time I’ll try with little to no incline and see if that helps. I’m missing having a heart pumping workout feeling so I tried jumping rope and it appears I can do that! I jumped rope for 11 minutes and stopped before anything began hurting. I can always add more minutes and sessions. I can’t wait to try again tomorrow!
I’m very thankful that for my health and that things are getting better. I know that it could have been A LOT worse. So in order to keep my spirits up and focused on the good I’m going to post my little wins:
- I can almost walk around without hobbling. Now I just look like I have a very bad ’70s pimp swagger. 😉
- I can almost bend my knee to 90 degrees! Crossing my legs and getting in and out of the car is still tricky, but maybe those can be on my little wins list next week.
- I’m getting more upper body work done!
- I walked on the treadmill for 2.1 miles today!
- I jumped rope for 11 Mins!! It felt SO amazing to have my heart rate up!!
Here is the workout I got done today:
Walk 2.1 Miles (Treadmill, 3-4% Incline, 33:09)
2 Sets, 20 Reps, Hammer Curls, Free Weights (FW), 8lbs Each Arm (EA)
2 Sets, 20 Reps, Bicep Curls, FW, 8lbs EA
2 Sets, 15 Reps, Triceps Extension, FW, 8lbs EA
2 Sets, 20 Reps, Upright Rows, FW, 16lbs
2 Sets, 15 Reps, Front Delt, FW, 8lbs EA
2 Sets, 15 Reps, Shoulder Raises, FW, 8lbs EA
1 Sets, 30 Reps, Sit Ups, BOSU
2 Sets, 20 Reps, Shoulder Press, 16lbs
1 Set, 20 Reps, Bent Over Row, 8lbs EA
Jump Rope (11:20)
Tomorrow I hope to do more than one jump rope session, walk more (maybe with less incline and see if my knee holds up better), and try doing planks.